So you want to learn about golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. Let me tell you what it is and why I prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for sessions is in the evening before sunset. I do have some daytime sessions available, but I prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour’. During this time, the lighting is absolutely stunning.
The perks of the ‘Golden Hour’:
- I will be able to get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot. So you will be able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During the ‘Golden Hour’, everything is warm, pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- I can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.